Tuesday 2 June 2015

Lord, George Robert - Sergeant (461)

(No soldier photo available)
1st/5th Battalion,
East Lancashire Regiment,
Died of Wounds,
7th August 1915,
Age 34,
Buried Lancashire Landing Cemetery.

Newspaper Memorials:

In loving memory of Quarter-Master Sergeant Lord, 5th East Lancashire Regiment, who died in the Dardanelles August 7th 1915.

"Sleep on, dear husband, in a far off land,
In a grave I may never see;
But as long as life and memory lasts,
I shall always remember thee."

From his sorrowing wife.

"I often shed some bitter tears,
When I am all alone,
When I think of my dear husband's grave,
So very far from home.

God willed it for to be,
That he should lie in a forgotten land,
So far across the sea.

Only those who love most know the meaning,
of the word "Gone."

From his sorrowing Wife.